Unmet needs in cell isolation
Efforts to improve reproducibility are awfully important: valuable samples from humans and animals can often be used only once and time donated by volunteers is precious. Cell isolation for regenerative medicine application represents a critical step: not only a high number of living cells needs to be isolated, but also reproducible protocols and results are necessary.
Researchers/clinicians working with “extractive collagenases” must perform a trial-error process to fine-tune collagenases and protease blend that maximizes the cell extraction process, increasing the protocol’s cost and the difficulties to develop standard protocols.
The gold standard for performing cell isolation is the enzymatic digestion of the target tissue/organ by collagenases (isoforms class I and class II)
The new face of tissue dissociation enzymes
ABIEL COL G – COL H RECOMBINANT COLLAGENASES
represent a next generation collagenases, designed to improve cell isolation reproducibility and standardization, enhancing cell yield and viability.
Abiel has synthesized innovative Recombinant Collagenases class I (COL G) and class II (COL H) by a patented technology in E. Coli strain. The recombinant production process (animal-free) ensures a high level of purity, stability and a remarkable lot-to-lot consistency. The production of each enzymatic component per run avoids instability and allows formulating customized and standardized blends.
Depending on the application, COL G is used in combination with COL H to optimize the isolation protocol and to obtain a higher amount of functional cells. The blending is based on activity determination and not on weight ratios.
Saving cost and time, use Abiel’s collagenases. Ensuring the standardization of your cell isolation protocol
Benefits of Abiel’s enzymes
- Reproducible batches: avoid batch-to-batch variation.
- Consistency: consistent results from each experiment. Time saving–cost saving.
- Pure collagenase (>99%): no contaminating proteases, which reduce over-digestion.
- Reagent Flexibility: control collagenase digestion rate (or aggressiveness) adapted to protocol
- High stability (up to 3 years): Lyophilised product stable at RT or cold storage; no autodegradation by proteases.
- Endotoxin-free: No off-shoot toxic effects on cells.
- Abiel‘s Kit package containing COL G and/or COL H and Thermolysin is ready-to-use which allows producing fully reproducible and standardized blends with highly predictable enzymatic efficiency.